Friday, June 28, 2013

Sunday fun! and appreciation


I would like to remind everyone of the Northeast Kidney's Annual Kidney Patient and Family Education Day this Sunday June 30, 2013,  Its going to be held at the Holiday Inn Express 400 Old Loudon Rd. in Latham from 12pm to 4:30pm. Registration will be starting at 11:30 am and they will be kicking things off with a delicious kidney friendly lunch. Some of the topics will include "Current Treatments, Innovations and Advances, What No one tells you about Kidney Disease and What to do about it,  and Patient Activation~ Informed Choice and Decision Making." This will be a great resource whether your a newly diagnosed patient or have lived with Chronic Kidney Disease for many years. They will also discuss how to eat well to maintain healthy lab values. I hope too see many of you there and would love to meet any of the followers of the blog. It's not too late to register you can do so by contacting Northeast Kidney at (518)458-9697 or 1-800-999-9697, you can also locate them on Facebook on their "Kidney Club" site to print a registration form.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/kidneyclub/


I want to take a moment to welcome all the kidney warriors to the blog, thank you for choosing to follow me. Please feel free to leave comments, questions or concerns on any of the entries. Whether your a patient, caregiver or a kidney professional I hope you find this information to be useful. If there is a subject or issue you would like me to address please leave a comment and I would be more than happy to address it. I'm writing this blog in the hopes of helping others battling this life changing illness. After nearly 15 years of living with CKD I feel that I have learned so much and I want to share it with others.

I would also like to thank The Northeast Kidney Foundation for allowing me the opportunity of writing this blog in conjunction with them. This has been a dream come true to lend my voice and years of experience in helping others battling CKD.  Please visit  Northeast Kidney @  http://www.healthykidneys.org/   for more valuable information about kidney disease and to participate in any of the many programs they offer.

Keep on fighting all you Kidney Warriors.

~ Kidney Blogger

2 comments:

  1. Great post ! And we're looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow - don't miss this once a year chance to connect !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Loren,
    Thanks for choosing to follow my blog and for the comment. I look forward to tomorrow and meeting all you kidney warriors.

    ReplyDelete