Friday, September 20, 2013

Summer into Fall, thoughts and reflections...



Happy Friday once again Kidney Warriors, today I wanted to share my thoughts on writing the blog so far. It has been very cathartic for me to share my journey with all of you. A few weeks ago I was out having brunch with a friend of mine and she asked " Isn't it weird to put your entire journey out there for anyone to read ?" and my reply was "That's exactly why I"m doing it, if I can help just one person who is dealing with this same illness then it's all worth it." Sharing my personal experiences and knowledge has felt like a cleansing of my soul. It has given me some perspective into the fifteen year struggle I have had with chronic kidney disease. And it wasn't until I started to put it to "paper" that I really realized this. 


And as we change from summer into fall I wanted to thank each of the nearly 3,000 who taken the time come to read the blog entries and leave comments. When I first started doing the blog I remember saying to Kathe from Northeast Kidney "I feel like I'm talking to myself" thanks to all of you I have changed my mind. I'm hoping you are getting as much out of it as I am in writing it. The last six weeks have been some of the most challenging of my entire life with the passing of my father. And the blog has been a great distraction and just another reason the blog has been so therapeutic for me. 

I am heading out to Cape Cod for a much needed vacation and will have guest bloggers all next week. I look forward to catching up with you again on Tuesday October 1st. And will leave you with some brilliant images from prior trips to the Cape. I hope you enjoy them....








Take care all you Kidney Warriors and keep up the good fight! 

~Kidney Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment