Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Victor Not A Victim!


Happy Sunday Kidney Warriors!  This is my "Sunday sermon" for the last day of the National Donor Sabbath and I was inspired by Joel Osteen. His sermon this morning was all about "You can handle it." After an exhaustive search this weekend for a local service I was quite discouraged when I couldn't find one. So when I woke up hearing Joel talking about "handling adversities" I thought "wow that's perfect for the last day of the Sabbath." Living with Chronic Kidney Disease is indeed a battle. Everyday I have to watch every bite of food I put in my mouth, I have to watch every ounce of fluid I drink, and I have to combat fatigue which limits my activities. That's the reason I call kidney patients Kidney Warriors because it's an everyday battle, everyday we are going to war against kidney disease . 

What I was most inspired by was when Joel said "Be a Victor not a Victim." It reminds me that nothing that is thrown at me is too big for me."Sickness can not keep me from my destiny." That's why I have the heart of a lion. That's how I can stay positive even in the face of so many disappointments. We all face challenges throughout our lives and often think "that's not fair" but its important to remember you have the power to keep calm, learn to shake off the disappointments and keep moving forward. He reminded me that I must have a Warrior mentality and stay strong. If you can learn to do this then "your difficulties won't defeat you but promote you." 



As kidney patients we have to remember that everyday is a blessing. Don't spend your time fixed on negative things be thankful for the good things around you. No good has ever come from having a negative attitude. And I think a positive attitude is imperative to living well with Chronic Kidney Disease. "Sometimes in life it feels like we get pushed into situations we never saw coming but instead of licking our wounds instead go for it and move forward." Remember no matter what "You can handle it." 

So as we come to the end of another National Donor Sabbath weekend I want to thank all the donors who unselfishly gave their organs to give the ultimate gift, the gift of life. And I also want to thank all future donors who maybe one day may save my life. With over 98,000 waiting for lifesaving kidney transplants we need more registered donors then ever. Be certain to sign up at Donate Life America and share your decision with your family. Whatever it takes start the conservation! 

.Thank you for joining me on this special weekend for organ donation and transplantation. My goal is by next year to have a local church who participates and will have a Donor Sabbath service. I hope you all will be there to join me. 

Keep on fighting, you Kidney Warriors! 

~Kidney Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment