Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Being grateful...



The last three weeks have been some of the toughest of my life. The sudden loss of my father has my world turned upside down. One thing I am grateful for is the ability to reach out to all the blog readers and share my story. It has meant so much to me to share my knowledge and experience living with Chronic Kidney Disease. And has really helped me to keep focused and stay positive. I will get back to the discussion about dialysis in next Tuesday's post but today I wanted to share a little about being grateful. In a time of great loss it's extremely difficult think about being grateful but I can't think of a better time. I find living life with gratitude leads to less stress, closer relationships and a greater sense of well~being. Being grateful can also have direct affect on your overall health. It can help lower heart rate, can help boost the immune system, and can even help you get a better nights sleep. 

Here's what I am grateful for:
I am grateful for all the years I got to spend with my father. I am grateful for everything he taught me about life. I am grateful for his love and support over the years. I am grateful for all the memories I have of him. I am also grateful he taught me how to be strong. 

When it comes to my health I'm grateful to live in an area where I have the ability to chose how I want to do dialysis. I am grateful to have the ability to do it the comfort of my own home. I am grateful to have my husband as my care partner. I am grateful to have organizations like The Northeast Kidney Foundation who I know are advocates for me. 

And finally, I am grateful for everyone who has been there for me through this great loss. I want to say "Thank You" I am truly Grateful. I hope you join me on Tuesday when I  will get back to the discussion on dialysis where we will be talking about Peritoneal dialysis. And tomorrow instead of Friday I will have a guest blogger Robin from "Team Northeast Athletes" who will be talking about her journey with chronic kidney disease.

Thanks again for following the blog,. I look forward to all your questions, comments, and concerns.

Keep on fighting you Kidney Warriors! 

~Kidney Blogger









1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post...being grateful helps keeps our perspective and realize what can truly be important. I am grateful to have such a wonderful sister who inspires me everyday to make the most out of this precious thing we call "life"

    ReplyDelete