Monday, December 2, 2013

Giving Tuesday!



 Welcome back Kidney Warriors! I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving weekend. It was one of the toughest for me with the absence of my father. It was hard to sit at the dinning room table to see his empty chair. Thankfully I have wonderfully, supportive families members who helped me through this tough day. In the end, it was a very nice day and I can give thanks for the family member who are still with me.

#GivingTuesday is tomorrow December 3, 2013. #GivingTuesday was started to kick off the season of giving. Much like Black Friday and Cyber Monday does for retailers, #GivingTuesday hopefully will do for the same for the charity community. #GivingTuesday is for everyone you don't have to be a "billionaire or a world leader to give back." This is a day to unite the globe to show how powerful our humanity can be to give on one day! Some of the non~profit partners involved include: The Salvation Army, DonorsChoose.org, and The United Way and over 2500 other charities. Whether you make a donation to one of the charities or give your time tomorrow is your chance to give back. You can visit www.#givingtuesday.org to get more information on tomorrow. 



I can't think of a better way to celebrate #GivingTuesday then signing up at DonateLifeAmerica.org to become a organ donor. Today 120,857 are waiting for lifesaving organ transplants and 98,838 of them including myself are waiting for kidneys. There is no better gift one can give then the Gift of Life! During this Christmas season becoming an organ donor is the ultimate act of kindness and good will to others. I can't think of a better way to leave a legacy then saving up to 8 peoples lives. I hope you join me tomorrow as we celebrate the national day of giving with #GivingTuesday. 

Thank you for joining me once again and I look forward to hearing what your doing for #GivingTuesday. 

Keep on giving, you Kidney Warriors! 

~Kidney Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment